Diary of a Cute Face

an honest account of the daily happenings in my life, heart, and head...

Monday, October 20, 2008

Daily Dose of Ignorance

Okay so I have decided to post when something funny or shocking happens to me. I have to admit that I went into somewhat of a culture shock when I moved to the city. Yet, nothing and I mean nothing, compares to working in the hood. Aside from your usual ghetto antics, I am constantly bombarded with all levels of ignorant on a daily basis. Here is an example:

After working all day and missing my bus, I decided to treat myself to a deserved McFlurry at the McDonald's across the street from my job. Upon entering, I was stopped by a local homeless woman who had set up shop at one of the tables inside. When I say set up shop, I mean that she had her personal hairbrush, comb, and various random items all over the place. No, the wasn't selling them, she was getting settled in for the night. Pretty sad, right? She said one word "fries". Now because it was pay day and she was tore up from the floor up, I decided this would be a great WWJD? moment. I nodded to her and said okay. As I moved towards the counter, she shouted after me "Large, and a Big Mac!". I spun around and shot her my patent "Oh, see HELL no" look and she managed to whisper "please". It took every ounce of Christianity in me but I ordered my McFlurry and a SMALL fry then walked back over to her table. I put the bag in front of her and she just looked at it. Apparently she heard me order (the place was pretty empty) and knew she was missing her beloved Big Mac and was also short on fries. For some reason, I felt the need to explain. "I didn't have much cash" I stated as I walked off. I thought I might have heard a muted "thanks" but I could be just wishing that were the case.

Anyway, what the hell? Since when do people get to shout orders at you in McDonald's? I means, come on! She didn't even order off the $1 menu. That's just common courtesy. And you got an attitude when I didn't buy you what you wanted. IT'S FOOD!!!! And times are hard, I only ordered a McFlurry! Anyway, decided that helping ghetto homeless people will no longer be on my "ways to get into heaven" list. I just gotta hope that Jesus would have been appalled too. I am going to stick with the ghetto teenagers. At least they are entertaining...


TRC- Imitation is suicide...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home