Diary of a Cute Face

an honest account of the daily happenings in my life, heart, and head...

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Goal of the Moment

"Child boo, you know I don't run unless there is money, danger, or a celebrity involved."
-Yours truly, Traci

I can't pinpoint the moment I realized the depth of my laziness. I am sure it dates back to trying to hold my head up at 6 weeks old. I don't know if I am just naturally lethargic or if that's my excuse to the general public. Whatever the case might be, it has to end. The only problem is getting the energy to do something about it.

Make no mistake, I am not some obese, hamhock eating, greasy fingered, depressed lazy chick. I just indulge in my fair share of baked goods and haven't worked out in about three years. Three years, yup three years. I just can't seem to get my cookie loving booty up. I will put on workout clothes and walk a mile or two but sweat? That's not in my vocabulary. Sweat means pain, agony, and shortness of breath. It means waking up early and above all it means sacrifice. Ahhhhhh, sacrifice.

I just can't fathom the sacrifice. Yeah, fitting into a size 6 jeans is fun. But so is laying around the house in size 8 pajama pants (not to mention more comfy). I guess I need to figure out how I can exercise without feeling like I am sacrificing so much. I know, I know, cry me a river. I make no apologies for my laziness. I don't. I am a horrendous human that wants my damn cake without the muffin top that follows.

Being a reasonably intelligent person, I know that not only is this impossible, but I am wasting time thinking about it. So here is the plan. I suppose I am going to do something about it. Here are this week's goals:

1. I will wake up at 7 am. I will not press snooze until 9:30 no matter how warm my blankets are. This one is going to be the hardest.

2. I will do leg lifts while watching CNN and possibly do crunches during commericals... Possibly!

3. I will stop making my "Traci coffee" every morning. Ahhhhhh!!! This one will be difficult since I love sweet, sugary caffeine to start my daily battle with the streets of NYC. I will forgo the hazelnut creamer and five sugars (don't say a word!) for skim milk and splenda (ewwwww....).

4. I will not eat after 9pm. That sounds late but its not considering my schedule. We will revisit this next week and make any adjustments.

5. I will walk to and from the train station instead of jumping on the warm, convenient bus that stops DIRECTLY across the street. This only applies in my nice Queens neighborhood, as I am not trying to die in the Bronx to burn 50 extra calories and only during safe hours. Once again, I would rather be pudgy and safe than slimmer and well, DEAD!

Okay so, I will start with these five for the rest of the week and report back. Wish me luck...

Oh and here's a short New York Times moment of the day:

True story, this was the conversation I overheard on the Bx40. As much as I despise riding the bus in the Bronx, the sheer insanity of the stories I hear almost makes fearing for my life (while inhaling urine vapors) worth it. ALMOST!!!

Girl #1: "Yo, somebody push me outta a moving car, its over".
Girl #2: " It wasn't intentional"
Girl #3: "Girl, didn't he say that last time?"

Only in New York, people. Only in New York.
TRC-Imitation is suicide...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hilarious. sobo.podomatic.com

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home