Diary of a Cute Face

an honest account of the daily happenings in my life, heart, and head...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What is New York doing to me?

Date- This Past Saturday:

After a morning of laying around the apartment in pajamas, Phil and I decided to brave the cold and go out for lunch. Granted our restaurant of choice happened to be two storefronts down from our building but nevertheless, it was out (and they have yummy Spanish food). Well, turns out we should have wandered a little farther...


A few minutes after we sat down, Phil felt something fall on his back. Truth be told, I thought he was imagining things so my response was the standard eye roll. Between ordering and the food arriving, Phil took off this jacket and hung it on the back of his chair.

FIVE MINUTES LATER-

So here I am enjoying my spanish rice and chicken saltado, when the unthinkable happens. Out from under my plate shoots a FUCKING roach!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, your common disgusting house pest (whose likeness is seen above) found its way to my table and was running at lightening speed towards me! WHAT THE FUCK!!! By the way, it is Phil's theory that it fell out of the vent, onto the back of his jacket, and up the tablecloth.

Now normally I would run like the sissy punk that I am, but this time my animalistic nature took over! You see, being with Phil has turned me into an assassin of all things creepy and crawly. I grabbed my napkin and scooped up the little bastard in about seven nanoseconds. At this point, I look up and see Phil has gotten up and is sorta looking like he is headed for the hills. Apparently, I let out a warning yelp before kill mode set in.

But it is not over yet. I call the server over and explain that I have a roach in a napkin. She replies "Oh, no problem" before taking the balled up paper out of my hand. Ummmm, wait did she just say "NO PROBLEM" when there was a roach on MY table? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

Here comes the saddest and weirdest part of all. We kept eating. I saw a roach on my table, killed it, and kept eating. I was not in a third world country. I was not a starving person. But the food was damn good!

What the hell is wrong with me? Has New York really messed me up that bad? If I was in Atlanta, I would have not only walked out but I would have talked to the manager. But for some reason, I did none of this. I simply finished my meal and enjoyed the afternoon. Clearly, something has happened to me... PLEASE HELP!


TRC- Imitation is suicide...

4 Comments:

Blogger john said...

And we still gave the bitch 20%.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know all about that feeling of a roach in the house.
But the difference is now I work from home and pay the Orkin Guy $300 to kill them.
Newly Released Video...Never Seen Before
** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_x0GR1IRQ0
** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU4ZrjglbQI

1:03 AM  
Blogger Passion For Pretty said...

ILK....I so knew that it was gonna be a roach but was hoping that it would not be!!!! (sorry, stopped reading after that as MULTIPLE Martinis + roach story = horrible, irrationale nightmares)

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh, you're becoming a true New Yorker now... what's next? riding the subways without hand sanitizer, eating food from street vendors, buying earrings from sidewalk salesman? Did you even see that your restaurant had their health dept certificate?

I love NYC and want to move back so many days. In so many respects, city life there keeps it to the bare essential! Oooh look, concert in the park. Gotta go!!! ;)

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home