Diary of a Cute Face

an honest account of the daily happenings in my life, heart, and head...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random Train Fun


I have a love/hate relationship with the NYC subway. Today was a love day. On my way to work, I observed the cutest little boy tearing up a box of Cheez-Its. I mean, he was DESTROYING a huge box. I guess he got ahead of his self because next thing I know the box slipped out of his hands and there were a million orange crackers on the floor. A nanosecond later, I heard the cries of a crazied four year-old whose afternoon snack was ruined.

My usual reaction would be utter annoyance. I don't have kids so hearing one of them cry makes me what to slap the parent for bringing the child into my presence. But this time was different. I watched his little fingers go in and out of the box at least 15 times and saw the joy that it brought. So that when I saw his beloved eats sprawled across the nasty ground, my heart broke a little bit for him.

Not to mention, he was with his cool looking dad who took the time to CLEAN it all up. While he cried and asked for his mother (who was clearly not on the E train that day), I smiled a little inside. But don't tell anyone...

Above is a pic of the boy and his dad wiping his little face. Sorry about the quality. You can't exactly take pictures of random kids on the subway and still appear normal.
TRC-Imitation is suicide

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home