Diary of a Cute Face

an honest account of the daily happenings in my life, heart, and head...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Senseless Violence


I don't know where to begin this post as I am still in complete shock over the Hudson family tragedy. I have an older sister with a semi-insane husband and a niece that I love more than life so I am crushed for her. I can only imagine the agony that the family is going through as they plan a triple funeral. I mean seriously, A TRIPLE FUNERAL? That should never happen... Ever.

When I first heard the news on Friday, I literally screamed at my TV. This went far beyond my usual celeb gossip and into reality. I watch "The First 48" (follows homocide investigations from beginning to end) religiously and I have never heard of something so heartless. When I realized there was a missing 7 year old child, my heart stopped. All weekend I thought about little man and how this crazy wild ass man was in custody and putting this family through hell. What kind of person kills a child and not only a child but a child that you spent Christmas morning with or even took him to get a haircut? You know where he is and you let the family suffer after you already killed two other family members. Ahhhhhhhh, evil people are just EVIL! No one can tell me there is no Satan. Anyway, this was the sad end to a horrible story but the beginning of healing for the Hudson family.

Now for my Traci comments:

While I am no one's judge, I can't help but wonder why Julia Hudson would allow a convicted felon into her family. I don't know anything about her personally so I have no inside track but damn. Thugs need love but not convicted attempted murderer! At least, not from a single mother with a young child to take care of. When I heard Julia describe her son as more of a brother due to the amount of time he spent with his grandmother, I couldn't help but shake my head.

Here you have three innocent people gone and a mother who has to live with the fact that she brought this person into their lives. She is not to blame for Mr. Balfour's actions at all. However, as a parent, she is responsible for the type of people she chooses to expose to her son. It could be that she realized this and got out, hence they were separated at the time of the murders.

My hope is that the survivors of this tragedy will receive the best therapy available because God knows they will need it. For Julia, I can only pray that she will reach a sense of peace in knowing that her child is in a better place with her mother there to look out for him (as she did here on Earth). I also hope that whatever issues that she had that led to her choosing such a violent man as a partner, will be dealt with.

As for Jennifer Hudson, I see so much of myself in her when it comes to this situation. Here she is enjoying the success that she worked so tirelessly for and one phone call changes her life FOREVER. Damn, like I said, I have an older sister and a niece. If I got a call from my sister saying that my mom and my little sister were killed, my niece was missing, and her husband was the prime suspect, I would be one of two places. I would be in the nearest mental health facility or I would be jail. Because if I had the energy to do anything but sob, I would use it to find that bastard and go Carl Lee (a Time to Kill) on his ass. I might even catch an assault case for beating my stupid sister's ass. After all, I am sure the family had a "come to Jesus" meeting with her about this no good thug prior to this horrific series of events.

As a sister, daughter, and aunt, I pray that Jennifer Hudson will be able to move towards a place where it is easier for her to get out of bed in the morning and for her to sleep at night. I don't think you can really ask for anything more at this point.

TRC- Imitation is suicide

P.S. One more thing, what's up with her having to identify all the bodies? I mean, damn! I know this could have been what she wanted/needed to do for her own healing process. But, wow! That just sounds unbearable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home